We analyzed reviews and ratings to find the top alternatives on the market and describe them below. Scroll down for the top electric fireplaces for design or heat in the colder months.
1. PuraFlame Western Electric Fireplace
If you're at a loss for what to put on a blank wall, consider this PuraFlame electric fireplace instead. The setup and operation of this electric fireplace couldn't be simpler. You can utilize its heat or lack thereof by adjusting the thermostat.
- Brand PuraFlame
- Overall, the product measures at a depth of 8.78 inches, width of 35.04 inches, and height of 26.99 inches.
- Finishing Method Powder Coating
- Freestanding, Plug-in, and Wall-Mounted are the three common types of installations.
- Electricity Consumption for Heating: 1500 Watts
- Amount of Weight: 46.74 lb.
- 8.78-inch-wide chamber
- Simple to set up and remove
- LED lighting that uses no electricity at all
- Use with or without the application of heat.
- Integration is required.
2. Duraflame Electric Infrared Quartz Fireplace
The Duraflame Electric Infrared Fireplace has received rave reviews for a number of reasons, including its ease of assembly, the amount of heat it produces, and the quality of the atmosphere it creates. Using the included remote, you can select from five different brightness levels while the 3D flame effect technology generates lifelike flames behind a set of fake logs. A warm fire isn't necessary in warm weather, so those who prefer the ambiance of a fire without the heat can simply turn on the fake embers. The infrared quartz heat of the 5,200 BTU heater, with its metal frame and aesthetically pleasing beveled glass doors, keeps the air at a comfortable humidity level. Overheating is avoided thanks to the unit's automatic shutoff feature.
- Spaces up to 1,000 square feet may be heated with a heater with 5,200 BTUs.
- Realistic flame effects in three dimensions.
- Thermostat that can be adjusted for finer climate control.
- Handheld Control Unit
- The flame effect works whether or not heat is present.
- Safe for use in homes with children and pets since it maintains a cool surface temperature
- Aids in keeping the humidity level up
- Includes five different intensities of light
- Doors with beveled edges have a timeless appeal.
- The cost difference between various hues varies.
3. Touchstone 80004 - The Sideline Electric Fireplace
The Touchstone 80004 Sideline Electric Fireplace is a great way to upgrade your living space. It will add a beautiful touch of elegance to your house while also keeping you cozier. Two heat settings and a realistic-looking flame make this electric fireplace hard to tell from the real thing. There are five different brightness levels and three different color options to select from, so you can customize the lighting to suit your mood. With the included imitation fire log and crystals, you can transform this electric fireplace into a unique work of art that will provide comfort to your house and your heart.
- Brand Touchstone
- Dimensions (in inches): 5.50" x 50.4" x 21.5".
- Mechanically Mounted, 5000-Watt Wall Mounted Heater
- Coverage of 400 square feet may be heated by the black dimmer with ventless ventilation.
- It's a great way to set the mood in any space.
- Includes both a timer and a remote control for convenience.
- This flame isn't putting out much light.
4. Dimplex Sierra 48" Wall-Mounted/Tabletop/Built-in Electric Linear Fireplace
The remote-controlled Dimplex Sierra may be installed in a wall, hung on a wall, or placed on the included tabletop stand. There are 70-inch, 60-inch, and 48-inch options available. Reviews have said that it is simple to put together (it takes 30 minutes, according to the manufacturer and several customers confirmed it). The Sierra offers a variety of ember bed styles, including crystals, logs, and pebbles, to help you get the aesthetic you want. Select from eight different ember bed and flame colors with the touch screen controls or the remote. Additionally, it has a built-in timer that can be used as needed.
- Brand DIMPLEX
- Electrical Outlet Connector
- Product dimensions are 5" deep by 48" wide by 19.5" high.
- Material Metal
- Surface Treatment: Painted
- Mounting Options: In-Wall or Surface-Mounted
- Approximately 4,777 BTUs of Heat Production
- Corded Special Function
- There are a range of sizes available.
- Mechanical timer included
- Optional Visuals
- Requires assembly
- Compared to other units, this one doesn't become too hot
5. Duraflame DFI021ARU Infrared Quartz Set Heater
If your house has a built-in fireplace that you’re not using because you don’t want ash and soot all over your home, this Duraflame DFI021ARU Electric Log Set Heater is the perfect method you may enjoy the atmosphere of a genuine fire, without the difficulties. A space up to 400 square feet in size may be heated by the realistic-looking log and ember bed. You can have the feel and appearance of an open fireplace without the hassle of chopping and stacking wood thanks to a modern electric version that can be controlled by remote and has a thermostat for customized comfort.
- With its 4,600 BTU output, this zone heater can efficiently heat an area up to 400 square feet.
- When you place this log set on the hearth of your fireplace, it instantly converts to electric.
- Flames are projected onto the back wall of an existing fireplace in a realistic, moving log set and ember bed.
- Heater shuts off immediately if it detects that it is getting too hot.
- You can set the temperature in the room to your liking with a thermostat that is adjustable.
- Humidity levels in the room are kept at a comfortable level by infrared quartz heating.
- With or without the use of heat, the flame effect can be activated.
- Smoke-free and incredibly low-maintenance
- Because of the short length of the power cord, its placement is restricted.
R.W.FLAME Electric Fireplace 50 inch Recessed and Wall Mounted,The Thinnest FireplaceLow Noise , Fit for 2 x 4 and 2 x 6 Stud, Remote Control with Timer,Touch Screen,Adjustable Flame Colors and SpeedView on Amazon
- BrandAmeriwood Home
TURBRO Suburbs TS20 Electric Fireplace Infrared Heater, 20" Freestanding Fireplace Stove with Realistic Dancing Flame Effect - CSA Certified - Overheating Safety Protection - Easy to Assemble - 1400WView on Amazon
Touchstone 80004 - The Sideline Electric Fireplace - 50 Inch Wide - in Wall Recessed - 5 Flame Settings - Realistic 3 Color Flame - 1500/750 Watt Heater - (Black) - Log & Crystal Hearth OptionsView on Amazon
Electactic 60 inches Electric Fireplace Recessed and Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace, Fireplace Heater and Linear Fireplace, with Timer, Remote Control, Adjustable Flame Color, 750w/1500w, BlackView on Amazon
Valuxhome Electric Fireplace, 36 Inches Fireplace Insert with Overheating Protection, Fire Crackling Sound, Remote Control, 750/1500W, BlackView on Amazon
Antarctic Star 42 Inch Electric Fireplace in-Wall Recessed and Wall Mounted, Fireplace Heater and Linear Fireplace with Multicolor Flame, Timer, 750/1500W Control by Touch Panel & RemoteView on Amazon
- BrandAntarctic Star
TURBRO Suburbs TS25 Electric Fireplace Infrared Heater - 25" Freestanding Fireplace Stove with Adjustable Flame Effects, Overheating Protection, Timer, Remote Control - 1400W, BlackView on Amazon
TURBRO Suburbs TS17 Compact Electric Fireplace Stove, 18” Freestanding Stove Heater with Realistic Flame - CSA Certified - Overheating Safety Protection - for Small Spaces - 1400WView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Q. Are electric fireplaces safe?
In so far as standard safety procedures are followed, yes. Even though most electric fireplaces turn off on their own if they get too hot, you should still treat it like a space heater and keep it at least a few feet away from any flammable objects, plug it directly into the wall (instead of an extension cord), and never leave it unattended, not even overnight.
Q. Do electric fireplaces have any special setup requirements?
Depending on the model, an insert or wall-mounted electric fireplace may need wiring, although installation instructions should be included in the packaging. Each do-it-yourself fireplace on our shortlist is designed with the inexperienced builder in mind, making assembly and installation a breeze.
Q. Can you tell me how much heat an electric fireplace generates?
The average electric fireplace is only effective at warming a 400 square foot room. For this reason, these fireplaces are best used as a supplementary heating option. The typical electric fireplace has a heating capacity of a thousand to seven thousand BTUs. While many manufacturers express their products' heating capacity in British Thermal Units (BTUs), others use the more common metric of watts. You may expect a greater degree of warmth from an electric fireplace if it has a greater BTU or watt capacity.