The Q series by Weber was developed as an alternative for bigger, portable grills with great heating power. The series is still preferred among campers as well as vacationers. As well as despite those staying in little areas where a grill that survives the deck or patio may not be an option. The Weber Q3200 was updated in 2014 from the Weber Q320 and also is the biggest of the Q collection. It is likewise the only grill in the collection that comes on a stand. It is developed less for the transportability of the grill. And also more for a customer who has actually restricted storage space
In this testimonial, we will offer you some specs and numbers to let you learn more about this grill better. Then we will discuss some benefits and drawbacks, and lastly. I’ll compare the Weber Q3200 to various other grills on the Weber schedule.
Weber Q3200 Review
- Two stainless steel burners produces 21,700 BTU-per-hour to heat 393 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
Specifications as well as Dimensions
To obtain a far better concept of what this grill has to offer, let’s take a look at some numbers.
- Grilling Location: 393 square inches of primary cooking area with an additional 75 square inches in the form of a warming shelf, for a total amount of 469 square inches
- Grates: Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates
- Burners: 2 stainless-steel burners
- Home Heating Power: (21,700 BTU)/( 393 square inches) = 55BTU per hour per square inch
- Measurements (with the lid ajar as well as tables out): 55.5″ H x 50.2″ W x 30″ D.
- Color Schedule: Titanium.
- Warranty: 5 years restricted on the cook box, cover assembly, stainless-steel burner tubes, food preparation grates, and also plastic elements, as well as 2 years on all continuing to be components.
What Makes the Weber Q3200 Great?
The Weber Q3200 is a portable grill that is large sufficient to do what lots of stationary grills can do. Yet small enough to save in exceptionally limited rooms. It is a great grill for people living in apartments or condos with extremely little outside room. As it doesn’t take up your entire patio or deck.
This grill is strong, as you ‘d expect from the Weber team, and corresponds in temperature while cooking. It can still sear your food like a normal grill, so you aren’t surrendering the preference or look you desire from a grill, even if you’re going smaller.
Lastly, this grill has folding side tables to offer easy preparation and also temporarily device storage as you are cooking. When folded up down, the side tables make it even simpler to slide the Weber Q3200 right into a tiny space to save it up until your next usage.
What I Do not Like.
Although the Weber Q3200 is promoted as a portable grill, it is a bit also big as well as bulky to move regularly. Storing it in a tiny garage and then moving it to an outdoor patio to use is something, but it’s not a grill you’ll be required to a picnic in the park or on a short outdoor camping journey, that’s for certain.
This grill costs the same as various other higher-end barbecue grills, so for the price, you ‘d anticipate a little bit extra. The cooking power and grilling space aren’t as big as various other grills in Weber’s schedule, but the cost is.
It is likewise $200 more expensive than the following tiniest Q collection design, and also I’m not sure the mere addition of a cart deserves that type of cost walking.
Versus Spirit II E 210.
- Your purchase includes One Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill in Black color
- Grill dimensions: Lid Open - 57"H x 48"W x 26"D. Lid Closed - 44.5"H x 48"W x 27"D. Each cooking grate is 10.16” x 17.5", for a combined measurement of approximately 20.32" x 17.5"
Price wise, the Spirit as well as the Q equal. Both grills are little as well as would function well in a smaller sized space, although the Spirit is a bit larger general and also is not considered a portable grill.
The Spirit has more cooking power than the Weber Q3200 as well as bigger total food preparation and warming up space. Both grills utilize LP fuel, yet the Spirit can take natural gas if that is your gas of choice. Both grills have 2 heaters as well as begin stands with 2 wheels.
The Spirit comes with many more devices and also is a more recent version instead of the Q3200. It includes Flavorizer bars, an infinity ignition, as well as a stainless steel warmth deflector. It is a total premium in its abilities as well as its style to the Q3200, all for the same rate.
Your option right here will certainly need to be reflective of your room. An ultra-small area is the only factor I would certainly suggest the Q3200 over the Spirit. The last is a far remarkable design with fantastic updated functions for the exact same affordable price.
Versus the Q2200.
- Total cooking area = 280 Square Inches
- Stainless steel burner puts out 12,000 BTU-per-hour
If you’re much more regarding mobility than dimension, you may intend to think about a downgrade to the Q2200. It has one stainless-steel heater, as well as much less key cooking space than it’s big bro, yet is still a wonderful alternative for a mobile grill.
Where the Q3200 would only appropriate to offer a semi-permanent campsite or a house, the Q2200 appropriates to weekend trips, barbecues, and also extra, while still being a great choice for a tiny room like a house to be used a lot more consistently.
The Q2200 is available at $200 less costly than the Q3200. However, cooks equally as well. It is the dimension and transportability that will genuinely be the test of which one is much better for you. Because of the value factors most likely to the Q2200, but the power most likely to the Q3200.
Versus the Genesis II E 210.
- This product is a Natural Gas unit and you must have Natural Gas plumbed out to your patio or deck to be able to use this grill; If you do not have Natural Gas plumbed, please look at our selection of Propane barbecues
- GS4 Grilling System includes two high performance stainless steel burners with porcelain enameled Flavorizer bars and new Grease Management System reduces risk of dangerous flare-ups and makes grease removal easy
The Genesis E 210 is available in at just $100 more than the Spirit E 210 and the Q3200. It is made to fit on a tiny patio or terrace, just like the other 2, but its style is indicated to be a step up from both of the other versions mentioned below.
The Genesis series is the middle-of-the-road series in between the fundamental Spirit designs as well as the extravagant Top team. With the update to the Genesis collection in 2017, it ultimately had a leg up on the Spirit’s worth, but when the Spirits upgraded in 2018, they returned with a vengeance.
The Genesis has little to provide that is a lot more or better than the Spirit 210 other than appearances. The rounded top on the Genesis gives a sleeker seek to this grill than the chunkier, squared-off top on the Spirit versions. Otherwise, both grills are virtually similar.
So where does that leave us on the Genesis versus the Q3200? Well, it’s not looking great for the Genesis right out of the gate with a somewhat greater cost, yet with a great deal more options, wonderful state-of-the-art attributes, as well as a sleeker appearance, this grill may be worth the updated cost.
The Genesis is still little enough to fit on a deck or patio. However, it is large enough to grill for a team. It additionally has castors along with wheels, making it the easiest to walk around of all the grills we have actually talked about above. I think it’s a great choice, yet once again, size and also room will be the choosing variable in between this as well as the Q3200 in the long run.
Find more information, check out our: BACCO’S RISTORANTE